• Non- fire cooking competition - A very exciting morning at Akshar with parents and their children cooking up a storm with their culinary skills.
• Milaap- Inter School competition organized by SPICMACAY at Apeejay School. Students of classes VI to X participated in this colourful fest of spirited bonhomie.
• ODYSSEY 2012, Inter School Fest at Birla High School – Our students went on their own odyssey of discovery.
• Musical stage show “AMRA SHABAI RAJA” a tribute to Tagore organized by Margam, an NGO in collaboration with Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Government of India and conceptualised by Dr. Rajeev Chakraborty, a renowned Sarod player- a beautiful rendition by our little princes and princesses.
• Workshop on silk screen printing and block printing conducted by Mr. Bappaditya Biswas of Byloom for Class X and children with additional needs.
• Teachers attended a workshop on “Teaching and Practicing Language” conducted by Mini Joseph at the British Council.
• Teachers of Akshar attended a workshop on “Making independent learners” conducted by British Council which emphasized on ‘Task Based Learning’.
• Teachers attended workshop on ‘Teaching and Practicing language’ at the British council which aimed at teaching grammar in a more meaningful manner.